PO Rollover Doubles Encumbrance When Multiples Ledgers Group
(Doc ID 2342584.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Rollover doubles encumbrance on non rolled ledgers.
Customer has two sets of ledgers that use commitment control.
When rolling over encumbrances only roll one of the ledger groups.
In testing a PO that has both types of ledgers(operating that should roll and Capital that shouldn't roll) customer has found that the operating rolls
properly and closes the prior enc on the PO and opens a new distrib for 2018 for the balance remaining.
The capital line was left alone on the PO which is correct. But upon further digging customer sees that a PO accounting entry was created for 2018 as well for the capital line. The new entry into KK was created that has double the encumbrance.
So the PO looks fine and but KK and accounting entries were created for the non rolled lines.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Setup - Multiple Ledger groups:
1. PO Business Unit definition: GL Unit = 'US001'.
2. Ledget for a Unit. Setup multiple Ledger groups.
3. Budget Definition: CC_ORG and ORG
1. Create amount only PO with 2 lines the first distribution line set chartfield for CC_ORG and the second for ORG. No receipt required and no matching.
2. Validate KK. Budget Overview. Encumbrance created for both ledger group.
3. At setup Ledger for A Unit. Ledger group CC_ORG. Check Commitment Detail Ledger for CC_ORG and Uncheck for DETAIL.
4. Run Request PO Roll View.
5. PO Rollover Workbench. Select PY Encumbrance Close.
6. Run Rollover 1.
7. Run Budget Check.
8. Run Rollover2
9. Run budget check. Budget Overview. CC_ORG is correct. ORG showing double encumbrance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document