EAR9.2:AR_AUTOMAINT Process Is Creating Out Of Balance (OOBM) Groups When Entry Currency Is Not Base Currency
(Doc ID 2380159.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating 2 groups having 2 items with different currencies: one base currency and one different than base currency and the Exchange rate is slightly changed beyond and/or above the default Market Rate, run AR Maintenance for each separately and will fail to balance accounting entries with no error specified ( in GCS test environment PUM24).
In customer's scenario, after running ARUPDATE, the Maintenance groups created will fail with:
OOBM - for Market Rate below the default and ACTOB - for Market Rate above the default.
1) Create a new Auto Maintenance Method MT_TNY for Set ID SHARE - matching by Reference User1 equals User 1 ( Navigation path: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Receivables > Credit/Collections > Automaticmainteance Methods):
2) Update the Receivables Options (SETID SHARE) to use new matching rule and set a higher write off tolerance (Navigation path: Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Receivables > Receivables Options)
General 1 Tab with Write Off Tolerances set to Maximum WO Amount 999999999 and Maximum WO Percent 100, Maximum Days Until WO as 0 (zero).
General 2 Tab updated with Automatic Maintenance Method set to MT_TNY and having checked Matching across Business Units:
3) Update Write Off Tolerances on Auto Entry Types MT-02 Write Off A Credit and MT-03 (Navigation path: Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain > Product Related >Receivables > Payments > Automatic Entry Type):
MT-02 Write Off A Credit:
MT-03 Write Off A Debit:
4) Update the tolerances on the Customer Information ( Navigation path: Customers > Customer Information > General Information):
5) Market Rate set Default to 1.33231322 for USD/EUR (Navigation path: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Market Rates > Market Rates):
6) General Ledger Definition for US001 ( Navigation path: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > General Ledger > General Ledger Definition):
7) Receivables Definition for US001 ( Navigation path: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Receivables > Receivables Definition):
8) Ledgers For A Unit for Business Unit US001 and Ledger Group RECORDING (Navigation path: Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > General Ledger > Ledgers For A Unit):
9) Ledger Group RECORDING ( Navigation path: General Ledger > Ledgers > Ledger Group):
- Keep Ledgers in Sync is checked
- IntraUnit Balancing Entries is NOT checked
- Standard Balancing Chartfields: Business Unit, Book Code, Adjustment Type,Date Code, Currency Code.
10) Chartfield Inheritance for Inheritance Group Receivables and Billing (Navigation path: Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain > Common Definitions >Design Chartfields > Chartfield Inheritance > Chartfield Inheritance):
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document