E-AD: Adding multiple message catalog set with the same number not working
(Doc ID 2426610.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In PT 8.56.07 When trying to add in Project multiple message catalogue sets having messages with same message number, is not working.
However it is possible to add the whole message set and all messages in a single/unique project and migrate these this way.
Expected was that multiple message catalogue sets having messages with same message number could be inserted in same project.
This message catalogue project migration has worked as expected in previous 8.54 and 8.55 tools versions.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Application Designer.
2. Go to the tab Insert > Definitions into Project...
3. Select Definition Type to Message Catalog Entries
4. Type the message set and message number and click Insert.
5. Select the message and click Insert.
6. Type a new value for message set and the same message number and click Insert.
7. Select the message and click Insert.
Upgrade to 8.56.07
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document