Unable To Cancel Approved Absence Request When Routed To Multiple Approver
(Doc ID 2432279.1)
Last updated on APRIL 25, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to Cancel Approved Absence Request when routed to multiple Approver
- In Country Take Setup, configure the absence as AbsenceManagementByPositionMgmt
- In country Take, Setup Cancellation options as Cancel as Manager with No Process ID and No Definition ID.
- Request an absence so that it routes to two or more approvers as the "Report_TO" position is having more than one active Incumbent.
- Approve the request through any one manager.
- Open Employee and Try to Cancel the absence request. The error appears.
Approval process instance (id = 'AbsenceManagement', Definition ID = 'AbsenceMgmtByPosMgmt', Effective date '1900-01-01', Thread id '1586') (18081, 1056):1:1,
Step nbr 1: BMAXWELL attempted an illegal state transition from Bypassed to Unknown.
EOAW_CORE.ENGINE.UserStepInst.OnExecute Name: Cancel PCPC: 22148 Statement:195
Called from: EOAW_CORE:ENGINE.StepInst.OnExecute Name: Cancel Statement:268
Called from: EOAW_CORE:ENGINE.PathInst.OnExecute Name: Cancel Statement:214
Called from: EOAW_CORE
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
The issue can be reproduced at with the following steps:
1.Main Menu > Setup HCM > Product Related > Global Payroll & Absence Management > Absence Management > Country Take
2.Save an absence take with out cancellation rules
3.Then raise an absence request with Employee so that it routes to two Managers as per Position Management
4.Check in Monitor Approvals: Navigation: Main Menu > Enterprise Components > Approvals > Monitor Approvals
5.Open with any Manager, and Approve the request.
6.Open with Employee and Try to Cancel request
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document