EGL9.2: If Approver Edits Journal With Out Making Any Changes & Doesn't Save it, Then Worklist & Approval Tiles Still Show Pending Approval Thread + Upon Approving Approval Details Can Be Seen On Journal Entry Component - Approval Tab Again
(Doc ID 2456408.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an approver edits a journal with out making any changes, on approval tab approval details are cleaned up. However, in worklist & approval tiles threads are still present & upon approving the details can be seen on the journal entry approval tab again.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Enable approval at Business unit/Ledgers for a unit/Journal source level
2. Log in a s requester. Enter a journal, edit & Submit for approval.
3. Log in as approver. Check worklist.
4. Set up user preferences to allow re-editing a valid journal
5. Open the journal from Create/Update journal Entry page. Go to lines page & click on Process button with out making any changes to the journal
6. Go to worklist & check if the entry is still present.
7. Go to Approvals tile & check if the entry is still present.
8. In step 6/7 if the entry is still present, then approve it
9. Log in a s requester. Open the journal & check approval tab
On step 5, Upon editing approval details are gone on approval tab.
On step 6 , Row for the journal is present in worklist
On step 7, Row for the journal is present in approval tile
On step 9, Approval details are present & journal seems as approved
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
If the approval is reset upon re-editing then the worklist entries/approval tile entries should be cleaned up.
Other way, if the approval shouldn’t be reset (as no changes were made to journal), then the approval tab should show the approval details & shouldn’t be reset.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document