EAM: SQL ERROR ON ABSENCE REQUEST WHEN AFTER PATCH PEOPLETOOLS 8.56.08 IS APPLIED
(Doc ID 2487011.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SQL error on absence request after security patch people tools 8.54.35 is applied.
After applying people tools patch 8.54.35 from 8.54.32, you`ll encounter a SQL error when submitting any absence request.
ERROR: Stmt #: 686 Error Position: 117 Return: 2014 - ORA-02014: cannot select FOR UPDATE from view with DISTINCT, GROUP BY, etc.
Failed SQL stmt: SELECT EMPLID, EMPL_RCD, HR_STATUS, DESCR, JOBTITLE, SETID_JOBCODE, SUPERVISOR_ID, REPORTS_TO, COMPANY, COUNTRY FROM PS_GP_SS_EE_RCD_VW WHERE EMPLID=:1 AND EMPL_RCD=:2 FOR UPDATE OF EMPLID
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login in Demo environment as <DEFAULT_USER>/<DEFAULT_PASS>. (Make sure <DEFAULT_USER> is tied with any emplid in user profile).
2. Go to Main Menu>> Self Service >>Time Reporting>>Report Time >>Absence Request
3. Apply for any absence (e.g Bereavement) and submit the request.
4. It takes to Confirmation page . Click on "Yes" on Confirmation page.
5. Hits SQL error. Check in app server logs for the error.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot submit absence requests.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document