Reason Not Taken "M" Maximum Deduction Met is Issued For 401K Savings Plan Deductions That Are Not Taken For Checks Using Gross-Up
(Doc ID 2538271.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With the Savings Plan table configuration for the Total Investment = 15%, before and after tax both at 15% and with no employer match, when a Gross-Up check is issued, the savings plan deductions are limited with reason Maximum Deduction Met even though the deductions do not exceed the 15% of earnings.
Deduction Not Taken Reason is M Limit is met.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Savings Plan Table configuration of the Total Investment = 15%, and before and after tax are both 15% and no employer match. Navigation: Setup HCM > Product Related > BaseBenefits > Plan Attributes > Savings Plans
2. Enroll employee with 7% before and 5% after tax contributions. Navigation: Benefits > Enroll In Benefits > Savings Plans
3. Create paysheets for the next pay period. Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing > Create and Load Paysheets > Create Paysheets
4. Update the Paysheets to only pay a bonus amount of $500 and check Gross-Up. Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing > Update Paysheets > By Payline
5. Calculate the Pay Period. Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing > Produce Payroll > Calculate Payroll
6. Review Paycheck Deductions to see the limit was imposed unexpectedly. Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck > Paycheck Deductions Tab
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document