Ex-Spuse Not Dropped from Coverage in Fluid Divorce Life Event
(Doc ID 2560559.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eBenefits - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a Fluid Life Event, the dependent’s record is modified from within the Benefit Enrollment step. After selecting a Health Benefit in which the dependent is enrollment, the dependent record itself is changed so that they are no longer eligible for coverage, e.g., a spouse changed to an ex-spouse. When the employee returns to the Health Benefit enrollment page, the dependent is no longer listed on the Enroll Your Dependents grid; other covered dependents still appear. the Benefit Plan is still selected. The only options the employee has are to select either Cancel or Done. Both buttons take the employee back to the Benefit Summary, but the now ineligible dependent's coverage is not dropped.
1. Create a Life Event in which a covered dependent loses eligibility, e.g., divorce (Navigation: Self Service > Benefits > Life Event).
2. In the Benefits Enrollment item, open a Plan Type in which the newly-ineligible dependent was previously covered for election.
3. Modify the dependent’s data making them ineligible, e.g., changing the relationship from spouse to ex-spouse.
4. Return to the Health Enrollment page.
5. Attempt to record the removal of the dependent on the Benefit Plan by selecting Done.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document