Disbursement Amounts in Customer Accounts Doesn't Match Financial Aid Disbursements
(Doc ID 2561577.1)
Last updated on JULY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A student ends up with a posted amount on the account that is different than the actual disbursed amount of the item type. This usually occurs due to an unusual sequence of activity for an item type, sometimes involving a timing issue between FA disbursement and SF group post. Here is an example scenario:
1) A previously disbursed item type is cancelled, unauthorized, undisbursed. SF group post completes the process.
2) Same item type is subsequently re-awarded, authorized, and disbursed. However, some problem occurs with the SF Group Post process, and the amount is never posted.
3) The item type is once again cancelled, unauthorized, and disbursed. However, because the re-posting of the funds to the account never occurred, batch disbursement does not find anything to back off.
4) The item type is once again re-awarded, authorized, and disbursed. After running SF group post, the amounts from both sides are in sync.
5) An audit of the account catches the problem that occurred with step 2. The issue is corrected and the 'leftover' amount is found and posted. However, that results in the account amount how reflecting double what is supposed to have been disbursed.
How can the amounts be reconciled in a situation like this one?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document