HCM 9.2 - Smart Quote Special Character ’ Saved In LAST_NAME_SRCH
(Doc ID 2566066.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Special Character ’ (Smart Quote) Saved in LAST_NAME_SRCH
When users do a copy/paste from Word and the sign " ’ " was saved in the Last Name Search, although no special characters should appear in LAST_NAME_SRCH table.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
2. Select XXX Adams
3. Insert new row into Name Group Box and change last name from Adams to O'Adams by copying/pasting the last name from a Word document and Save.
4. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager.
5. Create a New Query using the NAMES record. Select EMPLID, NAME_TYPE, EFFDT, NAME, LAST_NAME_SRCH fields. Add Criteria WHERE EMPLID = 'XXXX'
6. Run the Query. Note whether apostrophe is displayed in LAST_NAME_SRCH field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document