E-UPD: After Applying a PeopleTools Patch, "Java Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method PeopleSoft.PeopleCode.SysVar.AddToSidTest()Ljava/lang/String; not found" Occurs After Logging into PIA Home Page
(Doc ID 2571554.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying tools patch, user is getting java errors on the top of PIA Home page after login attempt.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install the tools patch binaries by running the /pt85x.xx/Disk1/setup.sh installer shell script into empty directory
2. Copy the old PS_HOME directory on top of the new tools 8.5x.xx patch binaries
3. Install 8.5x.xx Database Changes Using Change Assistant (CA)
4. Complete the Installation and configuring this PeopleTools Patch by Reinstalling PIA
5. Re-Create and restart your Application Server, Batch and PIA Domain(s)
6. Login to PIA
7. Observed error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document