Adding Multiple Effective Sequence rows While Updating Incumbents Populates Incorrect ACTION And ACTION_REASON On JOB Page
(Doc ID 2589470.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While updating Incumbents, and adding multiple effective sequence rows on Position data, an incorrect ACTION and ACTION_REASON is being added to the new PS_JOB row.
The actions/action reasons between JOB and Position Data will need to be in sync.
The issue can be reproduced at will, following the below mentioned steps :
1. Find a position number assigned to an employee.
2. Navigate --> Click Workforce administrator-->Position Management--> Manage Position,Enter position Number,search
3. Add a new row. Submit and approve request. Observe Incumbent's job data.
3. Add EFFSEQ = 1 for the same EFFDT updated above, use a different action and action_reason than above. Update another piece of position data. Submit and approve request. Observe incumbent's job data.
4. Complete step #2 again, adding EFFSEQ = 2 using a different action and action_reason than above, updating other position data. Submit and approve request. Observe incumbent's job data. EFFSEQs 1 and 2 written to job via the update incumbent process will (inaccurately) show the ACTION and ACTION_REASON from effseq 0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document