EEX9.2:Exceeds Budget Tolerance Error On Expense Report with Associated Travel Authorization
(Doc ID 2619303.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running Request Budget Check (EX_BCHK_ALL) on Travel and Expense for an Expense Report with an "Associated" Travel Authorization encounter Exceeds Budget Tolerance Error.
1. Create Travel Authorization (TA) with 1 line that has two Distribution Lines – charge each line to a different Department make sure the TA is Budget Checked and Approved
a. Distribution Line 1 for $100 department 20000
b. Distribution Line 2 for $150 department 42000
c. Total Encumbrance is $250 on TA
2. Make sure that for each Distribution Line the Cost Center or Project is almost spent or at 0 RSA
a. available unused budget amount $41.82 department 20000
b. available unused budget amount $36.43 department 42000
3. Create Expense Report, add 4 new Expense Lines Equal to or Exceed the Encumbrance Lines on the Travel Authorization identified in Step 1
a. Line 1 for $94 and Line 2 for $65 – Department 42000 Total combined amount $159.00
b. Line 1 for $55 and Line 2 for $45 – Department 20000 Total combined amount $100.00
4. Associate the Travel Authorization
5. Save and Submit the Expense Report
6. Run Budget Check from Request Budget Checking page in T&E module
Encounter Exceeds Budget Tolerance error.
Expected Result: To have the budget checking process run to success. Presumption is the encumbrance and remaining available budgeted funds combined would be enough funds for the Expense Lines to be successfully budget checked.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document