Financial Aid FLUID Accept Awards Sub/Unsub Edit Allows Accept of Unsub With Zero Amount
(Doc ID 2627438.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the accept/decline functionality in FLUID, if a student has both a subsidized and unsubsidized loan, and they try to accept the unsubsidized loan prior to accepting the unsubsidized loan, they will receive the expected 'The Subsidized Loan has not been accepted' message. If they click through the edit, they are allowed to take further actions without seeing the edit a subsequent time(s), including at the time of 'Submit', with the Unsubsidized item type left in an accepted status, but zero amount.
When the resulting transaction is then submitted and processed with the Unsub accepted at a 0 amount, the system adjusts the amount to the Minimum Transaction amount for the item type, defined on the Item Type setup in Student Financials. If this amount is set up as 0, the student goes into 'needs review' status with the Unsub loan remaining in offered status. In the needs review status, the ability to further edit the individual item types is disabled, but the option is available to choose 'accept all' and submit again, with the result being a different error, 'Data being added conflicts with existing data'.
Before PUM Image 20, the issue is seen regardless of whether the student accepts the sub or not. After PUM Image 20, the student cannot submit without the sub being accepted, however the unsub is still allowed to be submitted with a 0 amount at that stage, which leads to the same subsequent problems.
The behavior is different compared to Classic Self Service, which does not allow the Unsub to be submitted as accepted with a zero amount.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package, offer student a subsidized (sub) and unsubsidized (unsub) Direct Loan (DL) item type.
- Signed in as the student, navigate to Financial Aid tile on FLUID Home Page, and click Accept/Decline page.
- Accept unsub and Click through message.
- Accept sub OR take no action on sub at all. (Starting with PUM 20, must accept sub to replicate.)
- Click 'Submit' and 'Yes'.
- Note resulting self service status is 'Needs Review'; Click 'accept all' and submit again.
- As Administrator, navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > Self Service Awarding > View Self Service Activity > Self Service Activity.
- Click date/time stamp on the 'Needs Review' transaction.
- Click 'error' link on the Unsub item type. This detail will likely show a 9126 edit on the Unsub, similar to what is described in <Note 2579525.1>. Edit 9499, as seen in an internal replication after PUM 20, is also a possibility. Regardless of the specific edit, the meaning is the same - in that the Unsub was not allowed to be processed as accepted, with a 0 amount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document