Print Applicant Report Fails On Certain PDF Files, But Works As Expected After Re-Saving the PDF Using Adobe Acrobat Reader - IsPDFValid
(Doc ID 2643615.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Intermittently, certain PDF documents which are allowed to be attached to an applicant's record, are then not able to be successfully used to generate a report of the applicant.
But after re-saving the same PDF document using Adobe Acrobat Reader, and then reattaching the re-saved PDF file, the report successfully generates.
Customer expects that the application code pre-tests for invalid PDF files before attaching them to the applicant's record, so that invalid PDFs never make it into the database.
The issue may be replicated by the following steps:
1) Login as PeopleSoft Administrator
2) Go to NavBar > Navigator > Recruiting > Search Job Opening > JO #### > Applicant > Edit Application Details > Add Resume Attachment > click PDF document > Save. Return.
3) Click the Print icon > select Resume > Generate Reports
4) Message : Error Failed to load PDF document.
5) Using Adobe Acrobat REader, resave the same PDF
6) Repeat the PRINT actions on both the Application Server and Process Scheduler.
7) Result: report is produced without error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document