E-508: Fluid Homepage Tiles and Hovertext are not Descriptive of Content
(Doc ID 2658674.1)
Last updated on APRIL 13, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Homepage tag always says "Homepage" instead of a more descriptive title based on the homepage name. Also, when navigating through homepages through the top drop down menu, the hover text does not update as the homepage changes. It keeps the name of the first homepage accessed in that navigation period. In other words, after login, the My Homepage is shown. When navigating among homepages via the drop down menu, the hover text for the page title will stay "My Homepage" on each homepage. Once you navigate to a standard content component, then click the back button, it will show the hover text for the last homepage left for the duration of the next homepage-migration period.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into the application with "Screen Reader" mode enabled
2. Observe that the "My Homepage" homepage shows the hover text with the same name
3. Change the homepage to another homepage
4. Observe that the hover text still says "My Homepage"
5. Click on any tile on this new homepage
6. Click the back button to take the user back to the new homepage
7. Now the hover text will show the name of the new homepage
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document