E-508: When Saving A Page, Saving Banner Is Not Read By Assistive Technology
(Doc ID 2664495.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Navigating to any Classic page on PeopleTools 8.57, when using the Classic Plus theme, and saving a change, a green "Saving" banner appears across the top of the page. The "Saving" is not read by assistive technology such as JAWS. A blind user is not aware that after clicking the save button if the page is attempting to be saved or not.
Issue could be replicated with the following steps :
- Log into any Tools 8.57 Release make sure that "Enable Screen reader mode" is selected at log in.
- Navigate to Peopletools > Portal >Branding >Branding system options.
- Change the Classic theme to Classic plus ( if not already selected)
- Save the change
- Enable JAWS if not already started
- Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > User Profile > User Profile
- Select a user and make a change
- Save the Change. Note the "Saving" icon flashes but nothing is announced by JAWS
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document