ECA - Contract Bill Plan Has Events That Are ‘Pending’ or ‘Ready’ but the Bill Plan Status Was Set to ‘Complete’.
(Doc ID 2676432.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a value-based billing plan has some completed events and the user then updates other events in the plan to change their status from 'Pending' to 'Ready', on saving the page, the bill plan status itself is updated to 'Completed'. The bill plan itself cannot then be updated to correct the problem. A bill plan status should not change to 'Completed' if there are any events that are 'Pending' or 'Ready'.
Two different replication scenarios have been reported that are addressed by this document and solution:
- Create a new contract and assign a rate-based line to it.
- Create a project and activity and link them to the contract. No rate set is needed for the test.
- Assign a value-based bill plan with several events and set the first to 'Ready'.
- Activate the contract and run CA_BI_INTFC for other billing methods.
- Go through a billing cycle to create an invoice and run the Update Project/Contract Data process, BIPCC000, to update the contract.
- Go to the billing plan and set another event to 'Ready'.
- Save the page. The bill plan is updated to 'Completed' and pages are made non-editable.
- Open an active contract that has a rate-based contract line.
- Open the billing plan - this should be in 'Ready' or 'In Progress' status.
- Put the bill plan on Hold by checking the 'Hold' checkbox and save. The bill plan is updated to a 'Completed' status.
- Create contract with a recurring contract line.
- For the contract line. Attach recurring monthly bill plan. Note – The contract end date is future dated (Today's date < 7/11/2021). Start date 3/12/2020 and end date of 7/11/2021. The total amount for each month is say $156.79
- Complete all required set up and activate the contract
- Process recurring billing (CA_BI_INTFC) with date 04/13/2020
- Run billing interface to create invoice. This will process the bill for period end date of 4/11/2020.
- Set invoice to RDY, Finalize the invoice and Run update contracts/project(BIPCC000)
- Review the contract. Bill plan status will show “In Progress” and recurring detail will show Bill thru date as “04/11/2020” as the billing cycle starts from 12th through 11 for monthly billing.
- Change the end date to 04/12/2020. Today is 4/13/2020
- Review recurring plan details – shows there is an unbilled line for the partial period for $5.23. The bill plan status is completed. << This is incorrect
- Run CA_BI_INTFC for recurring contract.
- The CA_BI_INTFC did not process any rows.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document