E-SEC: SetAuthenticationResult() Changed after Applying the April 2020 CPU Patch (PT 8.58.03, 8.57.14, 8.56.22)
(Doc ID 2677953.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As of PT 8.56.22, 8.57.14, 8.58.03 SetAuthenticationResult is setting the errorCode to 105 which removes any custom message and replaces it with "Your User ID and/or Password are invalid". In prior versions, if the SetAuthenticationResult() is set to (FALSE, USERID, <MESSAGE>, FALSE), it would let you define a custom "MESSAGE" that was injected into the error page. It set the Error Code to 999.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Application Designer
2. Create new Work Record: FUNCLIB_IUAUTH
3. Add a new Field: IUAUTH
4. Add the following PeopleCode on the field:
5. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > Security Objects > Signon PeopleCode. Insert the following on this page:
Sequence number 10, Enabled (Checked), Record [FUNCLIB_IUAUTH], Field Name [IUAUTH], Event Name [FieldDefault], Function Name [IUAUTH_MAIN], Exec Auth Fail [Checked]
6. Bounce the Application Server
7. Enter a bad password for a user when logging in.
8. See message
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document