In Modify a Person, an employee can be saved with an SSN. The SSN saves as 'XXX-XX-XXXX'. When going back into this employee, the SSN cannot be edited.
(Doc ID 2681271.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Modify a Person, if you delete the SSN that is there by minusing the row & clicking save, the program allows you to save without an SSN, which is a required field. The SSN saves as 'XXX-XX-XXXX'. When you go back into that employee, SSN cannot be updated or added. The page should not allow you to save without a SSN for an employee. And, if going back in, you should be able to enter an SSN.
The issue can be replicated as follows:
1. DEMO Navigation: Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Modify a Person
2. Pull up any Emplid
3. Click on delete button on National ID
4. A pop-up message is displayed: Delete current/selected rows from this page? The delete will occur when the transaction is saved.
5. Click on OK button.
6. A Warning message is displayed: Social Security number should be entered for US Employees (1000,835) Social Security Numbers are now required for all persons employed in the United States regardless of citizenship status. You must track this information and should require that it be provided by Employees when they are Hired.
7. Click on OK button.
8. Clicking on the Save button saves the employee's information/record.
Note: SSN should be a required field & you should not be able to save without one.
9. Click on Return to Search button.
10. Pull up the same employee/emplid.
11. The National-Id now has 'XXX-XX-XXXX'.
12. This row does not allow editing of the 'bad' SSN. Click plus to try to add a new SSN, but there is no way to enter an SSN.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document