EBI 9.2 - Bildgl01.sqr Is Not Deleting Deferred Accounting Lines That Have Not Been Distributed When The Bill Is Adjusted
(Doc ID 2710180.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Billing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version
When a deferred revenue invoice is being copied and credit invoice is generated, it is not deleting non-distributed, future period accounting entries.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a deferred accounting invoice or find an existing one
2. Go to Main Menu > Billing > Maintain Bills > Copy Single Bill. Create another bill using copy bill functionality from that deferred invoice
3. Add the accounting date and invoice date (say 1st Feb 2019)
4. Ensure that the bill line information contains deferred accounting line information; from date and to date field is appropriately filled to generate deferred accounting lines and revenue recognition basis must be "From/To Date Range"
5. Click on accounting link, add the necessary accounting information if any
6. Change the status to RDY and Save the bill
7. Run single action invoice process.
8. Check the BI_ACCT_ENTRY table for that invoice and download the lines. There must be one RR and one DR line for each of the months and one AR line.
9. Now adjust that bill by going to Billing > Maintain Bills > Adjust Entire Bill
10. Select Credit and Rebill option, provide Adjustment reason
11. Save and note down the credit and rebill invoice number
12. click on the header info1 link for the credit bill
13. Change the invoice and accounting date to 1st Oct 2019
14. Save the bill (ensure that its line information contain revenue recognition basis as From/To date range and deferred accounting information is copied). Invoice status should be changed to RDY
15. Keeping these tabs open, now go back to the other (adjust bill tab) to click on the header info1 link of rebill
16. Change the invoice and accounting date to 1st Oct 2019 and save
17. Now to go to Billing > Maintain Biills > Change Bill Status, provide the details of rebill information, run the process to change the status from NEW to RDY
18. Now Run single action invoice for both credit and rebill invoice
19. Once the above process is success check the BI_ACCT_ENTRY table of the original invoice. All future dated accounting rows should have been deleted (here Oct onwards till December). But if this issue persists all the future dated accounting lines are not deleted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document