E-PIA: Getting "xml is invalid" Error Message While Updating Wingding Characters in PeopleSoft Pages.
(Doc ID 2724306.1)
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting "xml is invalid" error message while updating Wingding special characters in PeopleSoft Pages.
XML Invalid Error Message
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Logon to PIA
- Navigate to User Profile page and try to add the user ID alias with "WingDing" special character "" (U+FFFE  ï¿¾)
- Page keep on spins and it never loads.
- There is no way we can save the page, click on home Icon and navigate again to User Profile page and search for user profiles, now try to clickuser "AADAMS" which we tried to update the user alias with wingding character it throws "xml invalid" error
- We can never access AADAMS User Profile it always throws xml invalid error.
- Once we click "OK" page never loads it keep on spins
It's not specific to User profile page, any page in Peoplesoft if we try to update the page with "WingDing" character we can see the same behavior
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document