HECS Reconciliation and FEE-HELP Determination Do Not Process CHESSN Effective Dated Rows Correctlly
(Doc ID 2727716.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A student is enrolled in Semester 1 2020 and Semester 2 2020. Both terms have HECS charges calculated and HECS deferrals posted. The initial CHESSN row has an effective date of January 1, 2020 with a balance amount in the HELP LOAN balance field A new effective dated row as of July 1, 2020 is inserted on the student's CHESSN information. The new effective dated row has a zero amount in the HELP LOAN balance field is entered. July 1, 2020 is after the Term Start Date and Census Date for Semester 1 and before the Term Start and Census Date for Semester 2. Tuition calculation is run for Semester 2; the deferral is reversed as expected as the student did not have a HELP Loan Balance available for Semester 2. Tuition calculation for Semester 1 is run, and the deferral is also reversed.
The HECS deferral should not be reversed for the term what started prior to the new effective dated row on the CHESSN data.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Campus Community, Personal Information (Student), Biographical (Student), Personal Attributes, CHESSN Data;
2. Select the student;
3. Insert a new effective dated row for the student using a date after Semester 1 start date and census date, and before Semester 2 start date and census date with a zero amount in the HELP-LOAN balance field;
4. Click Save;
5. Navigate to Student Financials, Tuition and Fees, Tuition Calculation;
6. Select the student;
7. Calculate Semester 2 tuition. HECS Deferral is reversed;
8. Calculate Semester 1 tuition. HECS Deferral is reversed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document