When a Slash Occurs In Applicant Name the Group Action Print Application Details Runs To No Success Application_Report_N/A_NAME_09-08-2020_1882_RPT.pdf (No such file or directory). (235,3101) (99999,99999)
(Doc ID 2742446.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an applicant enters First Name with a slash, such as "N/A", the final PDFMerge of the Print Applicant Group Report fails the final merge.
It appears the code has interpreted the slash as a directory separator:
/home/psadm2/psft/pt/8.58/files/XMLP/64ecfa0e-f226-11ea-b1f6-87b7a3972a12/Application_Report_N/A_NAME_09-08-2020_1882_RPT.pdf (No such file or directory).
The individual report has substituted underscore for the slash:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure the pspdfexport.cfg under /opt/oracle/psft/pt/tools/appserv/fontdirectory /opt/oracle/psft/pt/tools/cpuvers/jre1.8.0_261/lib/fonts
2. Restart the Process Scheduler
3. Login as PSFT Admin
4. Go to Recruiting > Search Applicants > where first Name = FNAME
5. Go to Applicant Data Tab > change the First Name 'FNAME' to 'N/A'
6. Save. full name is now "N/A LNAME"
7. Now go to Recruiting > Search Job Openings > click any Job Opening
8. Click both Applicants checkboxes, then Run the Group Actions > Recruiting> Print Applicants > click
9. The AE program HRS_BTCH_APL is submitted.
10. The AE completes to success and the individual PDF reports are created.
11. However the final PDF merge for the Group Print does not occur because the slash "/" in the name of the applicant is interpreted as a directory separator.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document