FLUID Accept/Decline Edit 'The Subsidized loan has not been accepted' is Incorrect in Some Cases
(Doc ID 2755420.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to accept an Unsubsidized (Unsub) loan item type on the FLUID accept/decline page, the action will be dis-allowed with the edit 'The Subsidized loan has not been accepted' if a Subsidized (Sub) loan item type has been declined. While this behavior is generally expected, there are a couple specific scenarios where the edit is incorrect, and the acceptance of the Unsub should be allowed.
- Scenario 1: If there is both a declined and accepted Sub item type(s) in the same award period for which the Unsub is being accepted, the system will throw the edit based on the declined sub, when the expected behavior is to allow the accept action based on the accepted sub.
- Scenario 2:When the only sub item type(s) is declined, the system will always throw the edit for an Unsub being accepted, when the expected behavior is to produce the edit only when the item types are in the same award period, but to allow the accept action when the item types are in different award periods.
The issue can be replicated at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package.
- Award Sub item type, validate and post.
- Decline same item type, validate and post.
- Offer different Sub item type, validate and post.
- Offer Unsub item type, validate and post.
- As the student, navigate to Financial Aid FLUID tile on home page.
- Click Accept/Decline in left navigation.
- Click pencil icon to open the item types for edit.
- Accept offered Sub item type.
- Accept offered Unsub item type. The edit will be thrown at this step.
- Start over in step 1 for different student.
- Offer Sub item type with disbursement plan containing only non-standard terms. Validate and post.
- Decline the item type, validate and post.
- Offer Unsub item type with disbursement plan containing only academic terms. Validate and post.
- Repeat steps 6-8, and step 10.
The behavior described in this note occurs after the application of the fix for <Bug 30735837>-CS9.2 FLUID: SUB/UNSUB EDIT ALLOWS ACCEPT OF UNSUB WITH ZERO AMOUNT, delivered in Campus Solutions 9.2 PUM Image 20.
For issues with the same edit in FLUID prior to applying this fix, or in Classic Self service, please see <Note 1379473.1>.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document