Invalid decimal value -- XXXXXXX (180,106) SCM_PO_EMC.OUTBOUND.formGenerator.OnExecute Error Message When Submitting Or Approving Purchase Order (PO)
(Doc ID 2757632.1)
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
End-users located in Spain began receiving 'Invalid Decimal Value' when attempting to submit or approve POs in PeopleSoft Purchasing. Upon further inspection it appears to be caused by a Purchase Order (PO) merchandise amount that exceeded one million euros and contained two decimal points in this format with having comma (,) as Decimal Separator and dot (.) or space (' ') as Digit Group Separator(.) as for example : 1.001.000,02.
1. (Test in Chrome) Open browser settings, advanced, languages: update to Spanish(Spain) and re-launch browser
2. Enable Approval workflow for Purchase Order under (Main Menu > Set up Financials/Supply chain > Business Unit Related > Purchasing Defintion -PO Change Options tab).
3. Check the "Send Email Approvals to All" check box from Transaction configuration page (Navigation: Main Menu > Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Transaction Configuration).
4. Setup the Digit group separator to be DOT (.) and Decimal Separator to be comma (,) under Main Menu > My Preferences > Regional Settings).
Steps to reproduce while approving PO:
1. Navigate to Main menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/update PO page, create a new Purchase Order (PO) and submit it.
2. Log in to PeopleSoft, Go to Main Menu > Worklist
3. Attempt to approve a Purchase order (PO) with a total in excess of 1 million Euro (contains two decimals)
4. Receive error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document