E-AE: Application Engine Action Plug-in Runs Twice When Multiple AE Plugins are Configured with "After" Mode
(Doc ID 2758657.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.58 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sample site is on PeopleTools 8.58, and is testing the Application Engine (AE) Action Plug-in feature.
Users noticed that instead of running once, the Action Plug-in runs twice if multiple AE Plug-ins are configured with "After" Mode.
The issue can be replicated using the following steps:
1. Log into Application Designer & Create a Application Engine (AE1) with Main > Step > PeopleCode.
2. Create another Application Engine (AE2) (Library) > Step > PeopleCode1 & PeopleCode2.
3. Log into PeopleSoft front end Application (PIA) using Browser & Configure Application Engine Plugin.
a. Navigate to : PeopleTools > Application Engine > AE Action Plugin
b. Search for Application Engine (AE1)
c. Add below lines
Main >Step > PeopleCode "After" call AE2: peoplecode1
Main >Step > PeopleCode "After" call AE2: peoplecode2
4. Navigate to Application Designer and see the Application Engine (AE1) flow as shown below:
5. Run AE1 online using Process Scheduler (Navigate to PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > System Process Requests) and observe that the output is as shown below:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document