ECM: Bank Statement Accounting Match Not Matching With Match Value in Addenda When There are Multiple Occurances
(Doc ID 2767213.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Cash Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Value matching, Some transactions are not getting reconciled when auto reconciliation is ran with all transactions having match value in addenda (with external transactions auto created)
The issue can reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Banking>Administer Reconciliation>Bank Statement Accounting - Enter Bank account, account and activity type and search
2. Populate "BSP-BANKTRANFEE" as default template
3. Under Rule ID definition - select Value Match radio button
4. Under Match Values, enter "ORACLEEXAMPLE" and select "BSP-INTINC" as match template and save.
5. Now under Test rules, enter "AC-TSYS-TRANSFIRST -BKCD STLMT39300983293290 ORACLEEXAMPLE39300983293290 ORACLEEXAMPLE 101520" as sample addenda
6. Save and click on test rule and note that default template of BSP-BANKTRANFEE is being used since it didnt find match - but ORACLEEXAMPLE is present in the addenda with a space inforont of it and after it and yet it failed to match.
7. Now under Test rules, enter "AC-TSYS-TRANSFIRST -BKCD STLMT39300983293290 ORACLEEXAMPLE 101520" as sample addenda, save and test rule and note that it matched and used Template=BSP-INTINC as expected.
So having the match value twice in the addenda and the first one having few more characters is causing issue. In this example, having ORACLEEXAMPLE39300983293290 is the issue - System is thinking that this is not a perfect match because there is no space after the match value and is not further checking the addenda to see if there is a match for the value in rest of the addenda.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document