Student Financials Self Service Epayment Processing Fails with Error 'Error getting portal Employee. (96,5)' on Make a Payment Component When Using Touchnet
(Doc ID 2787507.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The self service Make A Payment process fails upon return to the component, from the third party payment provider Touchnet, with the following error displayed on the page:
An error happened trying to get the definition for the portal
Prior to the error occurring, the student can select a charge for payment and is successfully transferred to the third party provider. Credit card information is successfully entered on the third party provider site and is processed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Sign into a student's self service account;
- Navigate to Self Service > Campus Finances > Make a Payment.
- Select a charge to pay and enter an amount;
- Transfer to the third party provider;
- Enter credit card information;
- Upon return to the Make a Payment component to confirm the payment, the error is displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document