EPY: CALCULATE REGULAR RATE OF PAY FOR NON-EXEMPT AND ALT OT EMPLOYEES
(Doc ID 2789823.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The rate of pay used for the sick pay must be calculated off the earnings from the regular rate of pay for the week affected.
This rate needs to be calculated for eligible employees (non-exempt and Alt OT) for specified states even if no overtime is paid.
Currently, Maine (ME), California (CA) and New York (NY) want the regular rate of pay to be used to pay sick time.
- ME wants the regular rate of pay from the prior week.
- CA and NY want the regular rate of pay in the current week.
Steps Used to Reproduce The Issue
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. An Employee in Main, California or New York enters sick leave who is non-exempt and an alternate overtime employee.
- This can be via Time and Labor, a manual document or other ways the customer has set up their employees for entering time, thus no navigation is provided.
2. The Payline is updated with the sick leave
- Navigate to: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Payline
- Search for the Employee who needs sick leave
- Enter the Sick Leave Earnings code for the hours affected
3. Run Pay Calculation
- Navigate to: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll >Calculate Payroll
- Enter the Run Control ID for Calculating Pay, or add a new one if none exist
- Enter the Pay Run Id for the pay period
- Choose On-cycle or Off-cycle as required for the run affected
- Choose Preliminary Calculation Run to be on or off.
- Choose Only Calculate Where Needed or (Re)Calculate All Checks as required
- If you do not know what to do with Transfer Calc Errors, it is best to leave this unchecked.
- Click Run, choose the server to run this and choose OK to run the process
4. Review the Pay check once the Pay Calculation completes
- Navigate to: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck
- Search for the Employee who was given the sick leave
The sick leave calculated is based on earnings from the current week.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document