E-508: The Clear Search Button on Search String Fields Are Not Marked as Button
(Doc ID 2792997.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Clear Search button on Search String fields are not marked as button.
For example, the 'Clear Search' ('x') button, on 'Enter search string' field, in the Find string dialog, which is called from a Fluid grid, is not marked as button. Screen readers will not be able to identify it as actionable and it will not be usable by keyboard users.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to ELM, with Screen Reader Mode Enabled.
2. Select the Employee Self Service from Homepage selector.
3. In the Find Learning tile, select double arrow (>>).
4. Select any course from the list.
5. Select the search magnifying button. The Find string dialog opens.
6. Enter a string for criteria. Note that the 'Clear Search' button is available while editing that field.
Yet, it is not possible to access it using the keyboard.
The issue can also be observed in any Fluid Find String dialog, including the Global Search feature. The picture below illustrates such button in the Global Search Find/Search String field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document