EPY: App Engine PYAP_XDEDNCA Sets Garnishments In PAY_DEDUCTION Incorrectly
(Doc ID 2810161.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
App Engine PYAP_XDEDNCA sets garnishments in PAY_DEDUCTION incorrectly
App engine PYAP_XDEDNCA grabs general deduction, benefit deductions, and garnishment deductions from PAY_DEDUCTION and PAY_GARNISH to build the vouchers. PAY_GARNISH is the correct place from which to get GARN deduct data. However, when it’s updating what has been extracted, the first step (PAY-DEDN) in the Update section is specifically for General Deductions and Benefit Deductions, yet the SQL does not specify EXTRACT_TYPE_LINE IN (‘D’,B’). Therefore, it is updating all the garnishments in PAY_DEDUCTION as ‘X’ incorrectly. The next step, PAY-GARN, doesn’t need to specify EXTRACT_TYPE_LINE = ‘G’ since only garnishments are in PAY_GARNISH.
When app engine PYAP_VCHPOST is run afterward to send the vouchers to AP, it correctly identifies General Deduction and Benefits Deduction rows properly to update the AP_STATUS flag from X to S, leaving the GARN deductions in PAY_DEDUCTION alone since they should never have been set to ‘X’ in the first place. Those rows remain flagged as 'X' forever.
The PAY_DEDUCTION should not have a AP Status of "X" for the garnishments after it is been set in PAY_GARNISH.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Enroll employee into Garnishment (Payroll for North America>Employee Pay Data USA>Deductions>Create Garnishments)
2. Enroll employee into General Deduction (Payroll for North America>Employee Pay Data USA>Deductions>Create General Deduction)
3. Create paysheets (Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Create and Load Paysheets>Create Paysheets)
4. Run payroll calculation (Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Payroll Processing USA>Produce Payroll>Calculate Payroll)
5. Run pay confirm (Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Payroll Processing USA>Produce Payroll>Confirm Payroll)
6. Run AP Deduction Extract process (Payroll for North America>Payroll Distribution>Accounts Payable Information>Non-Tax Deductions Extract)
7. Go to Review Paycheck Deduction (Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Payroll Processing USA>Produce Payroll>Review Paycheck)
8. Run AP Voucher Post (Payroll for North America>Payroll Distribution>Accounts Payable Information>Send Vouchers to AP)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document