HECS Reconciliation Does Not Consider A Waiver Item Type Posted Prior to Census as an Up Front Payment
(Doc ID 2810593.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
HECS Reconciliation process is reversing up front discounts granted for students who have had a waiver posted to their account by tuition calculation prior to census. The expectation is the waiver will be considered an up front payment, therefore retaining the discount when HECS Reconciliation is run. Instead, the discount is reversed, and a deferral is posted for the HECS charge amount less the waiver amount, confirming the waiver is considered in the deferral calculation.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Student Financials, Tuition and Fees, Australian Loan Processing, Process HECS Reconciliation;
- Select a run control;
- Populate the run control using a range of census dates appropriate for the student;
- Run the process for one emplid and populate the run control with an emplid who has received a waiver against the HECS charges prior to census date;
- Submit the process to the process scheduler;
- When HECS Reconciliation has completed, navigate to Student Financials, View Customer Accounts;
- Select the HECS account type for the term;
- Note the up front discount has been reversed and a deferral has posted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document