Lifetime Aggregate Limit not Limiting Amount Awarded Across Aid Years for Non-Federal Item Types
(Doc ID 2814886.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When awarding a non-federal item type, such as an institutional scholarship, the lifetime aggregate limit specified on the aggregate aid limit setup page is not being enforced, when awarding over multiple aid years.
For example, in one reported case, a school had set up an Undergraduate Lifetime limit of 5000 on an aggregate area linked to a scholarship item type. After awarding 2500 in Aid Year 2021, the expectation was that Award Validation would limit the Aid Year 2022 amount to 2500, however users were able to award over that amount (e.g. 3000) without having it reduced.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Set Up SACR > Product Related > Financial Aid > Awards > Aggregate Aid Limits > Aggregate Aid Limit.
- Set up new non-Federal Aggregate Area for two aid years (e.g. 2021 and 2022) with Undergraduate Lifetime amount set to 5000.
- On Set Up SACR > Product Related > Financial Aid > Awards > Financial Aid Item Types > FA Item Type 1, link the Aggregate Area to a non-Federal item type over the same two aid years.
- On Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package, award the item type to an Undergraduate student in aid year 2021 for some amount < 5000. Validate and post.
- Repeat previous step for same student in Aid Year 2022. Award an amount that, combined with the Aid Year 2021 amount, exceeds 5000. After clicking Validate, observe that the amount is not reduced.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document