Error 'Data being added conflicts with existing data (18,2)' on Requisition After Quantity Change And Delete Comments
(Doc ID 2818414.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An error is issued when attempting to save a requisition, after updating the quantity and deleting a comment with attachments.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Log into the environment
2) Navigate to the Change Template for requisitions and uncheck the 'Track Change' checkbox for STATUS in REQ_COMMENTS. (Set Up Fianancials/Supply Chain>Product Related>Procurement Options>Purchasing>Purchase Order Change Template>Change Template Type=Requisition)
3) Save the change template.
4) Enter a requisition with a header comment and attachment. (Purchasing>Requisitions>Add/Update Requisitions)
5) Save, approve, and budget check the requisition.
6) Copy the Requisition to a Purchase Order.
7) Save, Approve, Budget Check, and Dispatch the Purchase Order. (Purchasing>Purchase Orders>Add/Update POs)
8) Go back to the source requisition and update the quantity and then delete the comment with attachment. (Purchasing>Requisitions>Add/Update Requisitions)
9) Save the Requisition and receive the data conflict error.
This error only seems to occur when the requisition quantity is changed and the comment is deleted at the same time. If the requisition is saved AFTER the quantity change but before the comment deletion, no issue occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document