EGL 9.2: When clicking on a Journal Approval that was Previously Deleted from GL WorkCenter -> Mass Delete Journals, User Gets Error "Invalid Parameter 1 for function CreateRecord"
(Doc ID 2823418.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a Journal Approval is Denied and then the user then deletes the journal from GL WorkCenter -> Mass Delete Journals the Approval Still Exists in the approval tile and it should not. If user then clicks on the approval they get an error.
1) Make Journal source ONL required for approvals. (Set Up Financials/Supply Chain -> Common Definitions -> Journals -> Define Journal Source
2) Log in as requester and create and submit a journal for approval (General Ledger -> Journals -> Journal Entry -> Create/Update Journal Entries)
3) Log in as approver and deny the approval from the Approval Tile
4) Log in as requester again and make a change to the journal, re-edit and re-submit for approval (changed from $50K to 55K)
5) Go to General Ledger -> GL Workcenter and delete the journal via Mass Delete
6) Log in as approver and go to approvals tile– journal still shows up in approval list
7) Click on approval – get error
See replication steps here.
NOTE: The exact same error occurs if deleted from General Ledger -> Journals -> Journal Entry -> Create/Update Journals. This was fixed under a diferent bug. Please see below document for that issue.
EGL9.2: Upon Clicking a Journal on Pending Approval or Monitor Approvals - Getting "Invalid parameter 1 for function CreateRecord (2,116)" (<Document 2709198.1>)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document