EPY: Gross Up For U.S. Employee Results in No Earnings When Processing Multiple Earnings in Various Scenarios
(Doc ID 2825135.1)
Last updated on JULY 26, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Core Processes
For nine employees in an off cycle payroll, the gross to net is not matching on paycheck.
These employees have ADD_GROSS = ‘N’.
This is causing an issue when running the General Ledger process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup earning code "RSG" as Supplemental and it does not add to gross pay - Set Up HCM>Product Related>Payroll for North America>Compensation and Earnings>Earnings Table
2. Setup earnings code "G25" as "Specified on Paysheet" that adds to gross pay
3. Ran the paysheet creation process - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Create and Load Paysheets>Create Paysheets
4. Navigate to paysheets and entered earning code "RSG" with a dollar amount (ie. 17.500) and checked on "Gross-up" - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Update Paysheets>By Payline
5. Ran the payroll calculation and verified that the paycheck showed a total gross amount that equaled the tax amount after calculation as expected - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Produce Payroll>Calculate Pay
6. Went back to paysheets and inserted another row and checked on "Gross-up" for Addl Nbr 2 with an earning code "G25" with no amount.
7. Ran the payroll calculation again and the paycheck resulted in a zero total gross with the same tax amount.
It looks like the payroll calculation is looking at the earning code "G25" for gross-up even though there is no amount being entered on paysheet.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document