ABMGT/TL: Cancelled Absence Events (Originating from Time Sheet) Still In Manager's Pending Approvals
(Doc ID 2830305.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Absence Management/Time and Labor 9.2: Absence events, which are entered on the timesheet (thus requiring manager approval) and subsequently cancelled (with no approval necessary) still show as submitted/requiring approval by manager.
Steps to Reproduce:
- TL approval rules are used for Absences entered via the timesheet (Navigate:Setup HCM>Product Specific>Time and Labor Installation: Under the "Fluid Timesheet Options, the check box "Use Absence Approval Definition for Request Absence" is NOT checked.
- Absence Cancellations do not require approval (Navigate:Setup HCM>Product Specific>Global Payroll and Absence Management>Absence Management>Configure Country Take Setup: on the first page, Absence, Cancellation option is used, however no Approval Definition is setup. Thus, cancellations are automatically approved.
- Employee enters an Absence Event via the timesheet (Time Tile>Enter Time Tile). The event is routed to the manager for approval in reported time.
- Before manager can approve the event, Employee cancels the Absence (Time Tile>Cancel Absence Tile). As per setup, it is automatically approved.
- Manager signs into the system and under the Push Notification, as a counted entry on the Approvals Tile and under Reported Time as submitted and requiring approval.
(Note: if configuration is set to follow Absence Approvals, the event is removed from pending Absence approvals and the count will reflect properly on the manager's Approvals Tile.
BUG <32071405> APPROVAL ROUTING FOR REQUEST ABSENCE ON ENTER TIME: TL INSTALLATION CHANGES, was delivered with PUM 37. The BUG delivered functionality to allow users to choose which product's approval workflow rules, Absence or Time and Labor, will be used for Absence Events, entered via the timesheet.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document