Slow Performance With FAPCODIN Step of Import COD Response Data (CODIN) Process
(Doc ID 2830561.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Performance problems have been noted with the FAPCODIN step of the CODIN process, when volume is very high. For example, in one case the problem was experienced when processing for multiple institutions with up to 4000 to 5000 total rows of data in the message classes being read in.
The problem will likely not be experienced with lower volume and may only happen in the most extreme cases as noted above.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > File Management > COD Full Participant > Import COD Response Data.
- Populate the parameters, such as to process a very large number of records.
- Click Run then OK to run the process.
- Click 'Process Monitor' link to view the process status.
- Click Refresh button as needed until the run status says "Success".
- Click the 'CODIN' link to see the details for the two child processes.
- Click the link for the 'FAPCODIN' step and note the begin and end times listed for the step.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document