EPC / ECA 9.2: Contract Profit Margin Does Not Show Data for Fixed-Price (Amount-Based) Contracts. The Tile Shows the Message - "No Data Available".
(Doc ID 2832106.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Contract Profit Margin Does Not Show Data for Fixed-Price (Amount-Based) Contracts. The tile shows the message "No Data Available".
Recently Oracle fixed the issues with Contract Profit Margin (<Bug 32664169> & <Bug 32638493>). However, functionality works perfectly for rate-Based contracts but not for fixed-price.
- Create a Contract and add an amount-based contract line.
- Associate bill plans, revenue plans, and their events. Do amount allocation.
- Associate a new Project/Activity to this contract line using the Contract Terms page.
- Activate the Contract.
- Create Costs in 'ACT' of $1000 and 'PAY' of $4000 using Add Transaction page for this project activity.
- Using Navigate: Project Costing -> Project Definitions -> Projects List. Remove all other projects and just add this project to my project list.
- Run Project Costing -> Utilities -> Refresh Reporting Tables. Review that the costs are summarized in table PROJ_RES_SUM. The summarized rows have a blank CONTRACT_NUM field.
- Go to Fluid Home > Customer Contracts. If Contract Profit Margin tile does not exist, then add the tile.
- Notice "No Data Available" message shows up on the Contract Profit Margin Tile.
- Run CA_BI_INTFC and bill the invoices for this amount-based contract. Run all the billing processes.
- Notice that PROJ_RESOURCE will now have 'FBD' analysis type row capturing the fixes billing amount. Let's say $400000.
- Run Project Costing -> Utilities -> Refresh Reporting Tables. Review that the revenue rows are summarized in table PROJ_RES_SUM. The summarized rows have a value of 0 for the PC_ANLTC_ACT_REV field for revenue rows. This is incorrect.
- Go to Fluid Home > Customer Contracts. Notice "No Data Available" message shows up on the Contract Profit Margin Tile. This is incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document