EGL 9.2: Various Problems with Adding and Deleting Journal Source Security by BU and its effects on Period End Cut Off Date Definition
(Doc ID 2849313.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If you add in journal source security by BU and add all journal sources to it, then create a period end cut off schedule and then go back and delete all of the journal sources from the BU record there are 3 problems:
1) In the period end cut off there is one row left over with no journal source associated to it. (all journal sources have been deleted from the page - there is just an erroneous row left over)
2) After adding the journal source BU back in again (and adding ALL journal sources) , when you go to the period end cut off, the journal sources are not added back in to the period end cut off page.
3) If you go back to the journal source BU and delete one of the journal sources and then add it back in again, when you go to the period end cut off page - that one journal source is added. You shouldn't have to delete a record and add it back in for it to appear on the period end cut off page.
1) Go to Journal Source Security by BU and add a record for US004 and add all of the journals sources. (Setup Financials/Supply Chain -> Security -> Journal Source Security by BU)
2) Go to Period End Cut Off Schedule and create a record for US004/2021 and save. (Setup Financials/Supply Chain -> Common Definitions -> Journals -> Journal Source Secuirty -> Period End Cut Off Schedule)
3) Then go back to Journal Source BU and delete all of the journal sources and save
4) Go to period end cut off schedule - everything gone except for one row that has a blank journal source
5) Go back to journal source BU and add all of the journal sources again
6) Go back to period end cut off schedule - none of the newly added journal sources are on the page (there is still one row with a blank journal source)
7) Go back to journal source BU and delete one journal source and then add it back again.
8) Go to period end cut off scheudule - the one journal source you deleted and added back in now shows on the page.
Please see replication steps here.
In the <images, examples, video> and/or the attached document, user details/company name/address/email/ telephone number all represent a fictitious sample from the Oracle Demo Vision Database. Any similarity to actual companies or actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and is in no way intentional on the part of Oracle.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document