EPY: Incorrect COMPRATE Used For Overtime Payment in FLSA Calculation
(Doc ID 2861188.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Incorrect compensation rate Used for Overtime Payment in FLSA Calculation
System calculated an Overtime Rate in excess of nine times the correct rate to be paid to the employee.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Ensure that the earning codes for REG, OTP, CRV, and ED2 is configured for FLSA (Set Up HCM>Product Related>Payroll for North America>Compensation and Earnings>Earnings Table)
2. Ensure that the Bi-Weekly Pay Group is has FLSA Period Definition for Fire Protection and it is 14 days with a threshold hours of 160 (Set Up HCM>Product Related>Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing Controls>Pay Group)
3. Ensure that the Pay Group also has "Confirmation Required for Paysheet and Partial Paysheet is checked on
4. Enroll the employee into additional pay for CRV $3.00 and ED2 $50.00 with OK to Pay checked on (Payroll for North America>Employee Pay Data USA>Create Additional Pay)
5. Ensure that the employee you are testing is "Exception Hourly" and FLSA is "Nonexempt" that is tied to the Pay Group (Workforce Administration>Job Information>Job Data)
6. Create paysheet that includes that test employee (Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Create and Load Paysheets>Create Paysheets)
7. Go to payline and insert a new row for the test employee (Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Update Paysheet>By Payline)
8. Enter OTP 62 hours and REG 130 hours on current pay period begin and end date (ie. 01/02/2022 to 01/15/2022)
9. Run payroll calculation and confirm
10. Create paysheets for the next pay period (ie. 01/16/2022 to 01/29/2022)
11. Go to payline and insert a new row for the test employee
12. Insert a row and change the begin and end date (ie. 01/02/2022 to 01/29/2022) and enter OTP 38 hours and REG hours
13. Run payroll calculation and confirm
14. Create paysheets for the next pay period (ie. 01/30/2022 to 02/12/2022)
15. Go to payline and insert a row for the test employee and change the begin and end date (01/02/2022 to 01/15/2022) and enter OTP hours and REG with no hours or amount
16. Insert another row and change the begin and end date to (ie. 01/30/2022 to 02/12/2022) and enter earn code FRE 24 hours, OTP 6 hours, REG 106 hours and SCK 24 hours
17. Go to Review Paycheck and you will notice that the OTP of 62 hours original paid in 01/15/2022 end date is not showing as expected on the FLSA rows created by the payroll calculation (Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing USA>Produce Payroll>Review Paycheck)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document