EGL 9.2: Copying an Existing Financial Structure Request That Was Created with Request Type = Update Results in Error: SQL error in Exec. BO_REQUEST_WRK.PB_COPY.FieldChange PCPC:11783 Statement:151
(Doc ID 2861302.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a Financial Structure Request where the Request Type = Update, when trying to copy this financial structure request, 2 errors are received:
1) In demo DB, log in as GLS1 go to Finance & Accounting Fluid Menu and then click on
1) Click on Financial Structure Request tile which can be found on the Finance & Accounting Fluid Menu
2) Click Add on both pages
3) Fill in the information and click on save
4) Once saved, the Add Line button shows up – click on that. Ente info and click on done (Choose field name - Dept)
5) Back on the main page click Request Detail on the line
6) Enter the info and click on Core Information. Make sure Request Type = UPDATE. Error will NOT be received if Request Type = Add.
7) Enter information so that the existing data is updated. Click on Business Justification
8) Enter the necessary info and click on Questions.
9) Enter the necessary info and click on Save.
10) Login as BUS1 go to Finance & Accounting Fluid Menu. Click on Structure Request Detail tile.
11) Click on request to view the details
12) Click on Submit. Click on Yes to message.
13) Login one at a time for GLS2, MGR2 and GLS4 and approve the FSR.
a) Go to Employee Self Service page and click on Approvals tile
b) Click on Structure Request
c) Click on the checkbox next to your FSR
d) Click on Approve and enter comments
14) After signing on for each approver and approving, sign back on as GLS1 and go to the Financial Structure Request tile again. Note that Request is in completed status.
15) Click on it to bring it up. On the new page click on Copy.
16) Enter info and click on Done
17) Get 1st error - Click on OK
18) Get 2nd error
Please see replication steps here.
Disclaimer: In the <images, examples, video> and/or the attached document, user details/company name/address/email/ telephone number all represent a fictitious sample from the Oracle Demo Vision Database. Any similarity to actual companies or actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and is in no way intentional on the part of Oracle.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document