E-PN: In PT 8.59, the Archive and Purge Notifications Process (PTPN_ARCHIVE) does not Archive Push Notifications when the Notification Name is not Added
(Doc ID 2862780.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.59 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the Purge and Archive notifications process and leaving the Notification name blank, the process runs to success, but none of the selected alerts are archived or purged. Per PeopleBooks documentation: "If no notification is selected, all notifications will be archived or purged."
Application : FSCM 9.2 PUM Image 34
The issue can be reproduced by:
1. Navigate to PeopleTools > Notifications > Notifications Administration.
2. Go to the Archive and Purge section on the left panel.
3. Leave the Notification Name blank, and select the Message Status and the date range.
4. Select and press the Archive button. User is prompted with the following message:
"No Notification Names Added. This operation will archive all Notifications, Do you want to continue?"
5. Click/Press Yes to prompt above, and navigate to the Process Monitor.
6. Verify that the process PTPN_ARCHIVE application engine process runs to success. However, observe that none of the alerts are archived or purged. Also, nothing was written to the PSPTPN_ARCHIVE table.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document