EPY: CAN - Arrears Payback Not Calculating PSTI When There is Not Enough Net Pay
(Doc ID 2869219.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payroll NA - Taxes not taken on deductions
When an employee that has an arrears for an after tax that is subject to PSTI with a low gross amount, the partial deduction or arrears is not getting PSTI calculated on the employee's paycheque.
The system should be considering the PSTI on the partial/arrears deduction amount when there is a low gross.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Deduction Code for Dental is configured for After and QC Taxable Benefit that is subject to PSTI - Set Up HCM>Product Related>Payroll for North America>Deductions>Deduction Table
2. Enroll the employee into the Dental deduction - Benefits>Enroll in Benefits>Health Plan Enrollment
3. Make an adjustment for the Quebec Employee with a small arrears amount (ie. $5.00) for the after tax deduction for Dental - Payroll for North America>Periodic Payroll Events CAN>Balance Adjustments>Arrears
4. Pay the employee a small earnings amount that generates a partial deduction or arrears for the after tax - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing CAN>Update Paysheets>By Payline
5. Run payroll calculation - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing CAN>Produce Payroll>Calculate Pay
6. Review Paycheque deductions to verify that only after tax deduction was taken for partial without the PSTI portion calculated - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing CAN>Produce Payroll>Review Paycheque
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document