Population Update of Direct Loan Attendance Cost - FED_YEAR_COA - on LOAN_ORIGNATN Cannot be Performed Using Population Select
(Doc ID 2875269.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2024
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Population Update to update the Direct Loan Attendance Cost, FED_YEAR_COA, on LOAN_ORIGINATN, the field can only be updated using values specified in the 'Select Fields to Update' section of the run control.
The expectation is that Population Selection should also be an option for updating the field, as the values will likely vary widely among students, and running the process for individual students or small groups will not be practical. However, the Population Selection option is currently not possible, as LOAN_ORIGINATN was not among the list of tables configured with the ability to use Population Selection Results for the field updates, when that functionality was originally delivered.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- On Set Up SACR > System Administration > Utilities > Population Update > Population Update Setup > Population Update Setup, add record for LOAN_ORIGNATN.
- In the field dropdown, choose FED_YEAR_COA.
- On Set Up SACR > System Administration > Utilities > Population Update > Population Update Process > Population Selection Update, choose LOAN_ORIGNATN.
- In Population selection section, choose PSquery, click magnifying glass and choose PS_SCCPU_LNORG_BND (the only bind record currently available for the LOAN_ORIGNATN table).
- In query manager, open one of the available queries and expand the PS_SCCPU_LNORG_BND record on the Query tab.
- Note that the record does not include the FED_YEAR_COA field (or any of the other update fields).
The issue is seen after applying the fix for <Bug 34115618>, DIRECT LOAN ATTENDANCE COST POPULATION UPDATE, which was delivered as part of Patch 34066109 - DIRECT LOAN COST OF ATTENDANCE INCORRECTLY CALCULATING FOR SOME SUMMER LOANS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document