Batch Refund Report (SF853) Contains Thousands of Pages After Database Platform Conversion
(Doc ID 2886363.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Batch Refund report, SF853, for one batch id creates a report with an excessive number of pages. In one situation, the Batch Refund Report contained more than 14,000 pages, when it should have created less than 15 pages.
Information on this report is created by Batch Refunding process (SFPREFND). The batch ID that created the data for the Batch Refund report processed approximately 600 students. On the Batch Refund report, it is noted the students processed are repeated multiple times. The Batch Refunding Report should report one row per emplid processed in the batch.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Student Financials, Refunds, Process Batch Refunds, Create Refund and run the process;
- Note the refund Batch Id created;
- Navigate to Student Financials, Refunds, Process Batch Refunds, Review Batch Messages;
- Enter the Refund Batch ID from Step 2 and note the number of rows on the header and detail scroll areas;
- Navigate to Student Financials, Refunds, Process Batch Refunds, Report Batch Refundsand run the process using the same Batch ID from Step 2;
- The report generated contains a large number of pages of repetitious data;
The issue occurs after converting database platforms. For example, in one reported case there had been a database conversion from DB2 to the MSSQL platform.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document