EPY: CAN - CAN_TAX_DATA.QIT_ADDL_AMT Being Deducted On Paycheck With Taxation Province Is Different From Quebec
(Doc ID 2890641.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CAN_TAX_DATA.QIT_ADDL_AMT being deducted on Paycheck with Taxation Province is different from Quebec
When there is amount saved in CAN_TAX_DATA.QIT_ADDL_AMT, this amount is being deduction on the Paycheck PAY_TAX_CAN.TAX_CUR where TAX_CLASS_CAN = 'QIT' even with the Taxation province is different from QC - Quebec.
This amount is being added to CAN_TAX_BALANCE.TAX_CLASS_CAN = 'QIT'.
Upon executing CTX910LD-Load Year-End Slips, only a T4 (Taxform_ID= 'T') gets created, the QIT year to date amount does not get written to any year end tax slips.
The system should not be deducting QIT when the paycheck taxation province is not QC - Quebec.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Ensure you have an employee that is not in Quebec
2. Navigate to Employee Tax Data and ensure the Additional Amount is not indicated on Canadian Income Tax Data - Payroll for North America>Employee Pay Data CAN>Tax Information>Employee Tax Data
3. Click on the Quebec Income Tax Data tab and enter an Additional Amount (ie. $100.00)
4. Create paysheets - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing CAN>Create and Load Paysheets>Create Paysheets
5. Run payroll calculation - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing CAN>Produce Payroll>Calculate Payroll
6. Verify on Review Paycheque that Additional Amount is showing for QIT even though the employee is in a different province - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing CAN>Produce Payroll>Review Paycheque
7. Run payroll confirm - Payroll for North America>Payroll Processing CAN>Produce Payroll>Confirm Payroll
8. Verify via Query that CAN_TAX_BALANCE has QIT TAX_CLASS_CAN with the Additional Amount for the employee that is not in Quebec
9. Run CTX910LD and the employee will only produce a T4/T4A and not a RL1/RL2 since the employee is not in Quebec - Payroll for North America>Year End Processing CAN>Create Slip Data>Load Year-End Slips
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document