EEX 9.2: Unable To Easily Identify Previously Denied Travel Authorization Lines During Fluid Approvals, and Print Transaction Pages
(Doc ID 2895329.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 12, 2024
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When different levels of approvals have been defined, and Fluid Approvals functionality is being used, Approver Users and Expenses Employees are facing several issues when reviewing a submitted and handled Travel Authorization which has had some Transaction Lines denied:
- Issue #1a: As an Approver, in Fluid Approvals page, should the Total Amount at the Header level, and the Amount displayed at the upper top left corner of the page (under Employee Name) have the same value, which is confusing if some lines have already been denied
- Issue #1b: As an Approver, in Fluid Approvals page, there is no direct and straightforward indication that any Transaction Line has been denied. That one line has the Select check-box grayed out could be indication of separate approval needed, not only from denials.
- Issue #2: Once the Travel Authorization is fully approved, the Expenses Employee receives a Push Notification Alert message, stating the transaction has been approved, but shows the total amount, not the approved amount.
- Issue #3: In Fluid pages, when reviewing the Travel Authorization, the Employee has no way to determine if any Lines have been denied. For all that is being displayed, once can easily assume the whole transaction got approved in full.
- Issue #4: When printing the Travel Authorization in Online Classic pages, there is the Non-Reimbursable Expenses section showing an amount, but there is no sign as to which Transaction Lines have been denied.
In Online Classic Approvals, the Approver Users could review the Expense Details, and quickly identify the lines whose Approve check-box was un-selected, and the Out of Policy comment drop-down list was populated.
1.- At the Transaction Definition set up page for Travel Authorization, enable HR Supervisor, and Expense Manager approval levels
2.- Log into the FSCM Online Application as an Expenses Employee
3.- Create a new Travel Authorization with multiple Transaction Lines, and submit it for approval
4.- Log into the FSCM Online Application as an Expenses HR Supervisor
5.- Open the routed Travel Authorization, select one or several Transaction Lines, and proceed to deny them
6.- Open once again the routed Travel Authorization, select the remaining pending Transaction Lines, and proceed to approve them
7.- Log into the FSCM Online Application as an Expenses Manager
8.- ISSUE #1a: Open the routed Travel Authorization, and review the transaction. Confirm that Total Amount field within the Header section, and Amount displayed just right below the Employee Name, are matching, with the exact same value, not indicating that any line got denied.
9.- ISSUE #1b: Additionally, in Fluid Approvals, it is not possibly to easily determine what Line(s) may have been the one(s) denied. That a Line's Select check-box is grayed out could be for other reasons.
10.- Proceed to select the Pending Transaction Lines available, and approve the Expense Report
11.- Log into the FSCM Online Application as an Expenses Employee
12.- ISSUE #2: Check the Push Notification Alert received, and confirm that the Amount displayed is not correct, as it contains the total amount, not the approved amount.
13.- Navigate through the Fluid pages to open and review the approved Travel Authorization
14.- ISSUE #3: As an Employee, it is impossible to detect if any Transaction Line(s) have been denied, on the contrary, it is the impression that all have been fully approved.
15.- Proceed to print the Travel Authorization in the Online Classic pages
16.- ISSUE #4: On the resulting displayed page, the Employee cannot easily identify which Line(s) has been denied by the Approvers, while there is a Non-Reimbursable Expenses section with a positive amount
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps PDF Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
As an Expenses Approver User, as well as an Expenses Employee, the delivered functionality is not easily displaying what Transaction Lines may have been denied from a Travel Authorization that is going through approvals, or is being reviewed/printed once approvals have completed. It is confusing, sometimes leading the Employee to the misconception that the full transaction got approved, and requires manual calculations among multiple possible combinations, to determine what Lines would have been denied by Approvers.
Fluid Approvals, as well as Fluid Travel Authorization view pages, should provide an easy way to quickly be able to identify which Transaction Lines from a submitted/approved Travel Authorization have been denied by Expense Approvers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document