Direct Loan Attendance Cost is Reset to 0 by Loan Origination (FAPLBOG1) and Direct Loan Outbound (FAPDLOUT), for One-Term Loans When the Start and End Dates are Both Adjusted to Encompass a Shorter Loan Period Within the Term
(Doc ID 2901291.1)
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running Generate Direct Loan Data (DLOUT), it's observed that the Direct Loan Attendance Cost (DL COA) is re-set to $0.00 for some students. The file is then transmitted with the 0 to COD, who rejects the record with error code 226.
Error code 226.
This issue only affects loans that are originated for a single term, and where the loan period start date and loan period end dates have both been adjusted to different dates and both within (not outside) the default dates set up on the Valid Terms for Career page.
In at least one reported case, a school noted that loan origination (FAPLBOG1) correctly (re)populates the DL COA in these scenarios, but DLOUT just keeps setting it back to 0. However, internal testing at Oracle has produced different results where loan origination also resets the DL COA to 0, in the same circumstance.
Checking the Override DL Attendance Cost box also does not prevent the issue. In internal testing, the override was maintained when running DLOUT, but not if the loan is re-originated. At least one customer (again) has reported slightly different results, where origination maintains the override but DLOUT does not (or almost the opposite of the results observed internally by Oracle). The reason(s) for these different results are not completely clear at the time of this writing.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package, award a one term DL item type to a student in aid year 2023.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Loans > Process Loans > Loan Origination and run the process for the emplid, to originate the item type.
- On Financial Aid > Loans > Direct Lending Management > Manage Direct Loan Application > Application Financial, note the DL COA is correctly populated.
- Override both loan dates to different dates within the term. The new begin date should be after the original AND the new end date should be before the original.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > File Management > COD Full Participant > Generate Direct Loan Data > Direct Loan Outbound and run the process.
- Re-check Application Financial and note DL COA is now 0.
- Re-set loan dates back to the original (if this did not already happen automatically).
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 reducing the award amount, and note application financial now shows the correct DL COA > 0 again.
- Re-override the loan dates and also click the 'Override DL Attendance Cost' box.
- Repeat steps 5-6 and note DL COA still showing correctly.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 increasing the award amount back to the original, and note application financial now shows DL COA adjusted back to 0.
The issue is seen applying the fix for <Bug 34211468> - DIRECT LOAN ATTENDANCE COST: OVERRIDE FUNCTIONALITY AND UPDATE DETERMINATION LOGIC
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document